Monday 6 July 2015

Day 38 Life Goes On

I used to blog every day back when I had a "normal" blog.  Now I just seem to be so busy and by the time I'm not, I'm so tired.  The days are flying past, which is funny because I figured the past years had flown by because I spent most of them drunk. 

I haven't had any more "near drinking experiences" since my last entry.  I hardly even think about drinking and I'm not sure why.  I really did think it was going to be much, much harder to give it away. 

I actually feel quite vanilla to be honest.  I wonder if it's the anti depressants, which I started taking while I was still drinking.  I remember seeing a poster years ago in a health centre that said "Give your feelings a chance, don't take......" I can't remember what it said to not take now, but some kind of pill I think.  Am I giving my feelings a chance?  Do I even have any feelings?  Now I am writing it I can see that I really don't.  Why?  I used to be the biggest cry baby, I would cry at anything.  I can't remember any tears being shed since this all began 38 days ago.  Although there probably have been. 

I'm probably just tired.  I need to go to the doctor soon to renew my prescription so I might see if I can get the required blood etc tests done.

3 comments:

  1. I don't cry as much on my anti-depressants.
    But I also don't cry as much when I am not drinking.
    You are doing great.
    xo
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too am a Cryer but rarely cry these days I hadn't really noticed till I started really looking in toy drinking. I'm on anti depressants too and trying to 'moderate' my drinking. Maybe if you feel too many emotions it might make stopping drinking too difficult for now so maybe you need the anti depressants to help you through this first bit ... One step at a time!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How are you? Thinking of you and hoping all is well.... xo

    ReplyDelete